Sunday, December 28, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday! I'm hoping to get pictures uploaded later today and do a proper post, but wanted to send you all my happy holiday wishes!
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 11:00 AM
Monday, December 22, 2008
I am HOME! YEAH! Sore, and tired, but HOME! I got home yesterday afternoon! The kids came home after doing christmas w/the cousins around 7pm. Austin won't let me out of his sight, and threw a full on fit when we left him at school this morning, poor baby!
But my precious Maddie has gone and turned into a big girl on me. She didn't buy the "Mommy's at work" story she was told on Wed night when I didn't come home. She was ok with that reply until Friday, when I talked to her on the phone and she said "Mom you are at work?" and I said "Yes", and she said "Then let me talk to your work friends!" So then on Saturday she would not talk to me on the phone at all she was mad b/c she told Jeremy I was not at work. So Saturday night Jeremy told her that I had a big boo-boo. She immediately came to the phone, said "Momma you have a big boo-boo?" and I said yes I do, but Dr. Rohn is taking good care of me. She said she liked Dr. Rohn (he did her tubes & her tonsilectomy so she knows him and really likes him), but that she would take care of me when I got home. She immediately said "Mommy I am coming to see you in one second!" turned from the phone and yelled to Jeremy, "Daddy you take me to see Momma now!", to that he told her they could come in the morning (Sunday) to see me. So Sunday morning they came up to the hospital, I wrapped my neck in a scarf so she wouldn't be scared by my incision (which is HUGE!) and she was happy to see me! She took a basket of flowers for her own and we enjoyed our little visit! So when the kids got home last night, I also had the scarf on again, she said "Momma why do you have that scarf on?" I told her I didn't want to scare her with my boo-boo. She said "Momma I am not scared, you take that scarf off now!" I took it off and let her take a look, I said "Maddie does this scare you?" She said "NO Momma! I am not scared!" My precious baby is so loving and caring she doesn't care that it kind of looks like someone took my head off and put it back on! But I am home and happy to be here! Recooperating and being w/my family is the best medicine I could get!
Love to you all!
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 3:08 PM
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Just wanted to send a little note and let everyone know I am OK. I mean hospital is NO fun, and being away from my babies is NO fun, but I am hanging in. After almost 8 hrs of surgery they think they got it all so that is good! I'm tired, and sore, but OK. Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes...I think they are working! :-)
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 12:07 PM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 10:44 AM
Friday, December 12, 2008
Yes I know a new record 3 posts in one day! But my days are so crazy right now, I didn't know when I would have the chance again...
Welcome to HOFFMAN CLAUS LAND! This is Jeremy's production every year, and every year it grows bigger & bigger, and takes over my whole table!
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 8:51 AM
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 8:47 AM
Monday, December 8, 2008
I felt it important to keep this from the blogging world until my family had all been informed. Since most of you already know about the latest happenings in the Hoffman family I thought it important to put it all down here as well, even though I typically use this blog for the more happy things going on in our world. For the sake of being honest and really blogging about what is going on, well this fits the bill.
To begin, as Jeremy tells me I have too, it is 100% curable! But I have thyroid cancer. Yes that big looming "C" word that is so scary in and of itself! I am told if you have to get cancer this would be the "best" one to get. That being said we go into phase 1 next Wednesday, December 17th. I will have surgery beginning @ 11am, surgery will last 5-6 hours. They will remove my thyroid in it's entirety, and all of the lymph nodes from the right side of my neck, as the cancer is there as well. They have 2 nodes that they are suspicious of on the left side that they will inspect once they get in there and decide from there if they will also remove the left side too. I have to stay in the hospital 3-4 days, which sucks! I am not looking forward to being away from my family, but I know I have to get this cancer out of me!
Words cannot express how much all of your well wishes and sweet thoughts have meant to me & Jeremy! I truly cannot imagine having a greater group of friends & family! I am truly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life! I should have my laptop with me in the hospital so I will try to update the blog and let everyone know what is going on. And you can always email me!
I love you all
PS - I'm going to follow this post w/some much happier ones!
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 2:43 PM
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
At Meghan's request I am following her lead and listing out our "Obsessions"!!
- Hannah "Tanna"! Madison is obsessed with all things Hannah Montana! She doesn't care for the actual TV show (still not into actual PEOPLE shows), but she loves all the clothes, toys, dolls, all the "stuff"!!
- Singing! Madison LOVES to SING! She memorizes songs from the radio & my IPOD! She can rock out with the best of them! Her faves right now are Taylor Swift "Love Story", and Pink "So What"
- Easy Mac! Yes I know this has to be the worst thing in the world for a kid, but she LOVES her Easy Mac! Of course she calls it "Warm Macaroni & Cheese", as opposed to all that COLD mac & cheese she eats! LOL! I'm not sure how she came up with that, but when I make real homemade mac & cheese she does not like it! Only the powdered cheese for her! UGH!
- Juice Boxes! There is a certain thril to be able to open the fridge & take out a juice for yourself! (Even if you still need a grown up to put in the straw!) Madison loves any kind of juice box, Capri Sun...any of them!
- Schedules! Madison is a girl after my own heart! She has to know what is coming next in her little world! She is most definately a "planner"!! Every night before bed she has to ask "What is today on the 1st number?" Which in plain language is "What day is it tomorrow & what will I do?" There are a variety of answers and I won't bore you with all of that back & forth with a 4yr old jazz!
- FOOTBALL! My son is completely obsessed with all things football! He watches it on TV with Daddy! He likes to throw/carry them everywhere! He loves to point out FOOTBALL everywhere!
- SISTER! Austin absolutely adores his sister! As long as he can be with/see Madison he is a happy boy! He wants to be in her room, he wants to play with her no matter what she's doing!
- Christmas Tree! Austin is obsessed with our Christmas tree! (see previous posted dedicated to his latest obsession!)
- Race Cars! There must be something in the male DNA that teaches them to make race car sounds and "Vroom-Vroom!" everywhere and on every imaginable surface! Austin loves to race his cars, whether it's on the floor or on the wall!
- EATING! I finally have my good eater! Austin will eat/try ANYTHING! He loves to EAT! He is obsessed with food! He insists on eating a "snack" of some sort right when he walks in the door at night (typical man!) then will eat again whenever dinner is ready and we are eating! He really likes to "share" and eat with Mommy & Daddy!
- KISSES!! I love love love kissing those sweet cheeks!! My kids were blessed with the fabulous cheeks that are just perfect for kissing on!!
- My New IPOD! Thank you Santa for giving me my Christmas a little early!!
- PICTURES!! As you can tell, I, like Meghan, LOVE to take pictures of my kids!!
- Observing the kids in action! I am obsessed with watching them as they grow and change into these wonderful little people! I love to hear every day what Madison did at school and how her day was! And funny part is all while she is telling me, Austin is chattering away like he is telling me too! I love to listen to Austin as he discovers new words every day, and watch as he sees something new to explore/attack!
- EBay! My latest obsession comes with selling stuff on EBay! Might not have anything left by the time I'm done!! LOL!!
HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!
There. Now that I've been tagged, I'll tag the following to tell us about your obesessions:
Anneyarbs79 (Mom to Olivia, Luke, & Morgan), and 3jones (Mom to Cooper)
Posted by 4Hoffman's at 9:49 AM