Monday, December 22, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am HOME! YEAH! Sore, and tired, but HOME! I got home yesterday afternoon! The kids came home after doing christmas w/the cousins around 7pm. Austin won't let me out of his sight, and threw a full on fit when we left him at school this morning, poor baby!

But my precious Maddie has gone and turned into a big girl on me. She didn't buy the "Mommy's at work" story she was told on Wed night when I didn't come home. She was ok with that reply until Friday, when I talked to her on the phone and she said "Mom you are at work?" and I said "Yes", and she said "Then let me talk to your work friends!" So then on Saturday she would not talk to me on the phone at all she was mad b/c she told Jeremy I was not at work. So Saturday night Jeremy told her that I had a big boo-boo. She immediately came to the phone, said "Momma you have a big boo-boo?" and I said yes I do, but Dr. Rohn is taking good care of me. She said she liked Dr. Rohn (he did her tubes & her tonsilectomy so she knows him and really likes him), but that she would take care of me when I got home. She immediately said "Mommy I am coming to see you in one second!" turned from the phone and yelled to Jeremy, "Daddy you take me to see Momma now!", to that he told her they could come in the morning (Sunday) to see me. So Sunday morning they came up to the hospital, I wrapped my neck in a scarf so she wouldn't be scared by my incision (which is HUGE!) and she was happy to see me! She took a basket of flowers for her own and we enjoyed our little visit! So when the kids got home last night, I also had the scarf on again, she said "Momma why do you have that scarf on?" I told her I didn't want to scare her with my boo-boo. She said "Momma I am not scared, you take that scarf off now!" I took it off and let her take a look, I said "Maddie does this scare you?" She said "NO Momma! I am not scared!" My precious baby is so loving and caring she doesn't care that it kind of looks like someone took my head off and put it back on! But I am home and happy to be here! Recooperating and being w/my family is the best medicine I could get!

Love to you all!
Anna

1 comments:

Anne said...

Maddie reminds me so much of O- you can't put anything past them, and they really are more resilant than we give them credit for.