Monday, January 26, 2009

It's Official

I will "check in" for my RAI (radioactive iodine) treatment on Monday, Feb 9th at Plano Presby. I'll stay 3-4 days in isolation for the treatment. Today is my 1st day off of my thyroid meds, wish me luck! Since the premiss for the RAI treatment is that thyroid cancer is attracted to iodine, so anywhere there are still cancer cells it will soak up that RAI and kill the cancer. SO I have to go off the thyroid meds, so there are no traces of synthetic thyroid in my body for the RAI to waste it's magic powers on! But I'm told you pretty much "bottom out" so I'm not really looking forward to the next 2 weeks!

Bringing my camera in the office tomorrow, got some videos for you all to see! Much more FUN than me and all my medical drama! ;-)

Hope all is well and Happy Monday!
Love, Anna

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hope your first days not so bad. Keep us posted!

The Saras Family said...

I hope you are one of the ones whose bottom isn't very deep. Humm...that sounds bad...you know what i mean.
if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate.

3greenbeans said...

Hope all is well, Anna. We are thinking of you.